Creatively display children's pictures by tucking them into a toy perched on a wood block.
What You Need:
Build on your display of family photos
with these block-based holders.
- Wooden blocks
- Thick white crafts glue
- Acrylic paint in black and other desired colors
- Wood stars, hearts, squares, or other desired shapes
- Plastic ringed toy
- Clear gloss sealer spray
- Hot-glue gun and hot-glue sticks
1. Glue two blocks together. If using letter blocks, place letter side on each end.
2. Paint the sides with black paint. Paint wood shapes in colors complementary to the plastic ringed toy. Let the paint dry.
3. Glue the shapes to the sides of the blocks. Let dry. Spray with a coat of sealer. Let dry.
4. Apply a line of hot glue across the top of each end of the blocks. Press each end of the plastic ringed toy into the glue. Let dry.
- Use a metallic ringed toy and metallic paints to make a holder for an office desk.
- To use the photo holder in a child's room, trim the blocks with miniature toys.
© Copyright 2014 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.