SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
From Canyon Ranch Spa, Berkshires, Massachusetts
2 cups diced pineapple 1/2 cup sparkling water 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut extract 1/3 cup nonalcoholic white wine 5 teaspoons coconut flakes 5 teaspoons chopped macadamia nuts
1. Puree pineapple in food processor or blender until smooth. 2. Transfer puree to a large bowl, and stir in remaining ingredients except for coconut and nuts. 3. Refrigerate until well chilled. 4. When ready to serve, garnish with 1 teaspoon each of coconut flakes and macadamia nuts.
Makes 5 (3/4 cup) servings.
Nutrition Information: 70 calories, 8g carbohydrates, 4g fat, 0mg cholesterol, trace protein, 5mg sodium
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic 1 1/4 cups diced onion 1/2 teaspoon olive oil 4 1/2 cups julienne zucchini, about 1 pound 1 cup diced tomatoes 2 cups chicken stock Pinch salt Pinch black pepper 1 1/2 cups plain nonfat yogurt 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon fresh chopped dill
1. In large stock pot, saute garlic and onion in oil over medium heat and cook until onions are translucent. 2. Stir in zucchini and tomato and cook for 5 minutes. Add chicken stock, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer until zucchini is tender, about 5 more minutes. 3. Pour mixture into a blender container or food processor and puree until smooth. Transfer puree to a plastic or glass container, cover, and refrigerate overnight for best results. 4. When ready to serve, stir in yogurt and dill.
Makes 8 (3/4 cup) servings.
Nutrition Information: 60 calories, 10g carbohydrate, trace fat, 0mg cholesterol, 4g protein, 99mg sodium
1 pound frozen or fresh peaches, sliced 1/2 cup apricot jam 1 tablespoon lemon juice 1 teaspoon cinnamon 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
1. In a large bowl, thaw peaches and retain juice. 2. Place peaches and juice, jam, lemon juice, cinnamon and yogurt in a blender container and puree until smooth. 3. Pour back into bowl. Chill for 2 to 4 hours.
Makes 4 (3/4-cup) servings.
Nutrition Information: 145 calories, 35g carbohydrate, trace fat, 0mg cholesterol, 4g protein, 51mg sodium, 3gm fiber
1 large or 2 small tomatoes 3/4 cup peeled, diced cucumbers 1/2 cup diced red peppers 1/2 cup diced yellow bell peppers 3/4 cup diced onions 4 (6-ounce) cans low-sodium tomato juice (3 1/2 cups) 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
Garnish: Chopped chives or green onion tops 2 lemons, cut into 4 wedges each
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cut a shallow x in the top of each tomato with a sharp knife. Drop the tomatoes into the boiling water for 2 minutes, then transfer to a bowl of ice water. Peel and dice. You should have 1 cup of tomatoes. 2. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for the garnish. Mix thoroughly. Chill overnight. 3. Serve in chilled bowls and garnish with the chopped chives or green onion tops and the lemon wedges.
Makes 8 (3/4 cup) servings.
Nutrition Information: 40 calories, 9g carbohydrate, trace fat, 0mg cholesterol, 1g protein, 173mg sodium
Gazpacho: 1 cup diced pineapple 1 cup diced jicama 3/4 cup pineapple juice 2 tablespoons lime juice 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper 1/4 cup diced red onion 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno pepper
Snapper: 4 4-ounce red snapper fillets 4 teaspoons olive oil 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Place 1/2 cup pineapple, 1/2 cup jicama, pineapple juice, and lime juice in a blender container and puree until smooth. 2. Place remaining ingredients for gazpacho in a medium bowl. Add pureed mixture and mix well. 3. Preheat grill or broiler. Brush red snapper with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill or broil for 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily. 4. Place 1/2 cup pineapple gazpacho in a bowl. Top with 1 fish fillet.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Information: 215 calories, 16g carbohydrate, 6g fat, 40mg cholesterol, 23g protein, 207mg sodium, 3g fiber
All recipes reprinted with permission from Canyon Ranch Spa, Berkshires, Massachusetts.