Goof-proof techniques for applying eyeliner.
Lined eyes look modern and sexy, but actually applying the liner can be a challenge! Traditional pencils are difficult to apply in a straight line; liquid liners require complete precision. To the rescue: Powder liner! Here, the foolproof way to use it:
What you need: A flat, blunt-edged eyeliner brush, and a matte powder eyeshadow (choose brown or black for a soft look, or a brighter shade for a funkier effect).
Follow these steps for a flawless look:
- Tap the eyeliner brush into the powder shadow.
- Lightly blow on the end of the brush to remove any excess powder (if you don't, it will fall under your eyes, giving you smudges).
- Close one eye, and gently tap the brush at your lashline. Continue along the whole length of your eyelid. Note: You're not drawing the liner on with brush; tapping it gently will give you a straighter line.
- Try to stay as close to your lashes as you can. This makes the base of your lashes look thicker -- a more natural look than an obvious line of eyeliner.
- Repeat the process on the other eye. Finish with a coat of mascara. --Lisa Kovalovich
© Copyright 2014 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.