Try these emergency fixes.
Let's face it: Even supermodels have bad beauty days. We all know what it's like to wake up not looking (or feeling) your best. If you're having a bad beauty day, the last thing you should do is pile on makeup. I've always believed that less is more. Here are my top five tips for coping with bad beauty days:
- For dark circles, I've always found that applying a creamy yellow-based concealer instantly makes you look like you've slept for nine hours, even if you only slept for four!
- A pop of pale pink blush on the apples of your cheeks will immediately brighten your face and make you feel prettier.
- If you have a zit, resist the urge to pop it! Popping it will only make matters worse. Instead, spot-apply foundation that matches your skin tone directly on the blemish. Remember not to use concealer -- which is one shade lighter than your skintone -- as it will only draw attention to the problem area.
- Get a blowout. I feel 100 percent better when I like the way my hair looks. A blowout can be an inexpensive and quick way to instantly feel prettier.
- And on those days when you wake up feeling a bit under the weather, I recommend using a moisturizer that's a little heavier than what you normally use. Be sure to apply a little extra on particularly dry areas, like around your nose.
© Copyright Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.