The beauty guru shares her 10 must-know pieces of advice.
Looking and feeling good goes beyond the makeup you wear. Here, 10 commandments to follow:
- Center your energy on feeling good about yourself, instead of trying to be what you're not.
- Get plenty of sleep and relaxation to keep you energized.
- Eat a healthy diet for life, not for the moment. Drink plenty of water to hydrate your body.
- Take time out for yourself to exercise, get manicures, facials, and an occasional massage.
- Keep your makeup simple and real, and you'll look approachable.
- Start off your day feeling confident about your makeup. For an instant glow, wear concealer, blush, and lip gloss.
- Keep your skin healthy by caring for it with the right skincare products for its needs -- cleanser, eye cream, and moisturizer. And always take your makeup off at the end of the day.
- Wear sunscreen every day to protect your skin from sun damage.
- Find that perfect shade of lipstick that instantly makes you look polished and looks great on you even when you're not wearing any other makeup.
- Learn how to be your own makeup artist and have fun experimenting with different looks to fit your mood. A simple change in your lipstick or eyeshadow color can update your look.
© Copyright 2014 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.