SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Carefully remove the backing and glass from the frame.
2. Use sandpaper to roughen the surface of the frame if it's varnished or painted. Wipe off the sanding dust.
3. Paint the frame silver, applying two or more coats if necessary. Smooth the painted surface as needed by rubbing it with a grocery bag or kraft paper.
4. Apply the crackle finish, following the manufacturer's directions.
5. Lightly brush on gold paint, then rub off the excess, leaving gold highlights. Brush gold paint on the silver pulls and rub off for similar highlights on the pulls.
6. Center one pull on each short side of the frame, as shown in the photo, and attach with screws.
7. Secure the handmade paper to the frame backing with double-sided adhesive tape. Arrange memorabilia on top of the paper until you are pleased with the design. To hold large pieces in place, use small pieces of double-sided adhesive tape or dots of glue. Anchor large ribbons in the same manner. Arrange baby's breath and ferns, and scatter shredded paper bits across the design.
8. Place the glass on top and clip the backing and glass together around the edges with the clothespins to allow you to hold it in place as you turn it over to set it in the frame. With the back of the frame facing you, place the piece, glass side down, in the frame, carefully removing one clothespin at a time as you ease the glass and backing into the frame. Push the pins or brads that came with the frame back in place.
9. If desired, secure a felt rectangle to the back of the frame with double-sided adhesive tape.
Note: Choose a wooden frame with a flat outside edge that is at least 3/4 inch wide. When purchasing the pulls, take the frame to the hardware store so you can be sure the pull fits the edge.