SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Download the free patterns for this project. (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat.)
2. To make any of the designs, trace the desired pattern. Cut out the pattern. Trace around the pattern on the pumpkin. Cut out the shape.
3. For the cat, make a broom by grouping a bunch of twigs around one end of a stick. Bind them in place by tightly winding wire six times around the twigs. Twist the wire ends together and trim the extra wire. To attach the broom, first poke a vertical pair of holes under each of the front cat paws. Hold the broom under the paws with one hand. With the other hand, secure it in place by threading a 3-inch length of wire out one hole, over the broom handle, and back in through the second hole. Twist the wire ends together inside the pumpkin. Repeat the process with the second pair of holes. Cut a 4-inch length of wire for the face. Thread a orange or black nose bead onto the center of the wire. Bend both wire ends up from the nose and then thread matching eye beads onto either side. If necessary, bend the wire to secure the eye beads in place. Poke the wire ends into the pumpkin flesh on either side of the cat's head.
4. To make the owl, poke a vertical pair of holes under both owl wings. Follow the directions for attaching the cat's broom to attach the owl's branch. Cut two 2-inch lengths of wire. Thread an eye bead onto the center of each wire. Bend the wire above and below the bead to hold it in place. Poke the wire ends into the pumpkin flesh at the top and bottom of eye sockets.
5. To make the bat, poke a pair of vertical holes above the bat's feet. Follow the directions for attaching the cat's broom to attach the branch above the bat's feet. With small beads and wire, make the bat's face as done for the cat's face.