These simple yoga poses will help you reduce stress and lower back pain, and also rejuvenate you after a rough day -- or a busy weekend.
Tips for Your Practice:
- Move into each pose slowly and deliberately.
- Remember to breathe while you are holding each pose. Don't hold your breath.
- Start slowly and don't overdo it.
- Loose, comfortable clothing or workout clothes are best for yoga practice. Bare feet are essential unless you are in some of the resting poses.
- You can do these poses every day if desired.
This material is used with permission of Sterling Publishing, Co., Inc., NY, NY from Yoga for Wimps by Miriam Austin, copyright 2000 by Miriam Austin. Photos by Barry Kaplan.
© Copyright 2013 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.