SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Trace the box lid, top down, on the wrong side of the batting; cut out. Trace the box lid on the solid color fabric; cut out the lid shape, adding 1/2 inch margin. Use a tape measure to determine the circumference of the lid; add 1 inch for overlap. Measure the height of the lid; multiply this number by 4. Use these measurements to cut a strip of print fabric for the sides of the lid.
2. Measure the circumference of the box base; add 1 inch for overlap.
3. Measure the height of the base; add 1-1/2 inches. Use these measurements to cut a piece of print fabric for the base.
4. Glue the batting centered on the lid. Center the circle of solid fabric on the batting-covered lid. Glue the margins to the lid sides, smoothing the fabric over the batting.
5. For the lid sides, fold the print fabric strip in half and glue onto the lid sides with the folded edge even with the top edge of the lid. To overlap the ends, fold under 1/2 inch and glue in place. Clip the excess fabric at 1 inch intervals from the raw edge to the bottom of the lid. Fold the clipped fabric to the inside of the lid and glue in place.
6. Cover the button form with a scrap of print fabric, following the button manufacturer's instructions. Use a pinking shears to cut two felt circles slightly larger than the button. Center the felt circles and button on the box lid. Use strong thread to sew the button to the lid, knotting the thread securely on the underside of the lid.
7. Mix crafts glue and a few drops of water in a dish until the glue is the consistency of light cream. Use the sponge brush to apply an even coat of diluted glue to the sides of the box base. Press the print fabric rectangle onto the base sides, keeping an even margin of fabric at the top and bottom for tabs. To overlap, fold under 1/2 inch at one end of rectangle and glue over the opposite raw edge. Fold the margins into the box at the top and onto the bottom of the base, clipping a tab every 1 inch; glue the tabs down. Glue the grosgrain ribbon to inside of base, cover the tabs.
8. To attach the eyelets, use an awl to make holes in opposite sides of the base, approximately 2 inches from the bottom. Glue the deep half of the eyelets in the holes. Cut the satin ribbon into two 18 inch lengths. Tie a knot at one end of each satin ribbon length. Thread the opposite ends of the ribbons through the eyelets from the inside of the box. Place the lid on the base and tie the satin ribbon at the top of lid.