SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Invite your neighbors in for drinks and light fare. It's a great way to celebrate -- and bond with your neighbors -- without venturing far from home.
2. Inspire yourself. Make a list of all the places you want to go and things you want to do in the coming year. Resolve to check off as many as you can before next New Year's.
3. Share your memories. Mark the end of the old year and the beginning of the new by opening a bottle of Champagne or wine and reminiscing with your mate about the events of the past year and sharing what you hope for in the coming year.
4. Skip the crowded party scene and spend a quiet night at home. Curl up in front of the fireplace with your man and toast the new year.
5. Get glam for a night out on the town. If possible, dress in a separate room from your husband or boyfriend so he doesn't see you until you're finished primping. Then meet near the front door for your "date."
6. Give back. Donate the money you would have spent on an expensive night out to your favorite charity. Or if you're having a party at home, ask guests to bring a non-perishable food item for your local soup kitchen or food bank.
7. Surprise him. Save one Christmas present to surprise your mate with on New Year's Eve. Who wouldn't love getting an extra treat?
8. Treat yourselves to dinner at a restaurant you've always wanted to try. Be sure to make reservations in advance!
9. Grab a bunch of friends and party at a local hotel or resort. The best part: no one has to drive home at the end of the night.
10. Have a movie marathon featuring your favorite flicks. Don't forget the popcorn!
11. End the year with a gourmet meal lovingly prepared by you and your partner. Set out the good china, light the candles, and let the wine flow.
12. Pamper yourself and your man by creating a spa retreat at home. Light some candles, soak in the tub, and take turns giving each other massages and facials.
13. Take turns sharing your New Year's resolutions with your man or your best friend. Vow to help each other stick to them.
14. Start a couple's journal. Buy a blank book that you can pass back and forth between you during the year. Take turns writing each other messages and sharing your thoughts.
15. Do something adventurous. Squeeze some rock-climbing, skydiving, or even karaoke-singing in front of a room full of strangers into the year's remaining minutes.