SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Download the free pattern for this project. (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software.)
2. In a well-ventilated work area, spray-paint the gourds white. Let dry.
3. To make eyes, punch out black circles from crafting foam. Attach the black circles to the gourds using white quilting or map pins. Use a black marking pen to draw mouths and make a dot for each nose.
4. Trace the patterns. Cut out. Trace around the patterns on crafting foam. Cut out the shapes. Glue the details on the pumpkin shape. Let dry. To make eyes on the bat, dip the handle of a paintbrush into white paint and dot onto the foam. When dry, make a tiny black dot in the center of each eye using a black marking pen.
5. To make wire coil, wrap the entire orange wire around a pencil and remove. For the purple wire, wrap half of the wire. Shape the remaining end into a zigzag, making a spiral at the end. Glue the jack-o'-lantern to the top of the purple coil. Glue the bat to the top of the orange coil. Let dry.
6. Pin the arms into place. For the tall gourd, place the orange coiled wire into position. Glue the right foam hand over the wire, securing with a clothespin until dry.
7. Slip hat brim over the top of the short gourd. Paint the gourd black above the brim. Let dry. Slip the purple wire into place.
8. If the gourds roll, poke pins into the bottoms to steady them.