SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Download the free pattern for this project. (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software.)
2. Fold paper in half according to your kite pattern. With a pencil and ruler, following dimensions given, mark kite outline on your paper. Cut along your markings, through both thicknesses of paper.
3. Use a paintbrush to apply glue to a small portion of your kite. Press torn tissue paper into the glue. Continue this process until entire kite is covered with the tissue paper.
4. Turn your kite over; use clear packing tape to affix the wooden dowels. Work on one dowel, placing tape where indicated (two people should work together). Finish by taping tail pieces at the bottom of the kite.
5. (Parents should assist young children with this step.) Use a nail or needle to poke four holes through the kite where indicated. Turn the kite over so the front is facing you. Create bowline as follows: Drop one end of 3-foot string through Hole A; bring it back up through Hole B. Tie. Repeat through Holes C and D. Attach kite string to the center of your bowline.