SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Download the free pattern for this project. (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software.)
2. Use a pencil to carefully poke two holes an inch apart in the center of the plastic lid. Thread the string end down one hole and back up the other hole. Knot the string end to the length of string just above the lid. Poke another hole in the center of one bowl and pull the other end of the string up through this hole. The lid will sit inside the bottom of the bowl and prevent the string end from coming loose when kids strike the pinata. Set this top half aside while you prepare the spider base.
3. Trace the leg pattern onto tracing paper and cut out. Trace around the pattern on poster board four times; then turn the pattern over and trace it four more times. Cut out the eight legs. Position each grouping of four legs on opposite sides of the second bowl. Staple each leg to the rim.
4. Fill the base bowl with candy and/or toys. Position the top bowl over the base bowl. Glue the rims of the bowls together.
5. Glue the shredded paper over the top and bottom of the spider. Cut 4-inch lengths of black crepe paper and glue them to the two joints on each leg.
6. Cut out eyes and a mouth. Glue them to the top of the spider. Hang the spider at striking height in an open space.