SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Start to Finish: 35 minutes
1 can (13.8 oz.) Pillsbury refrigerated classic pizza crust
1 box (9 oz.) Green Giant frozen spinach in a pouch
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon CRISCO 100% Extra Virgin or Pure Olive Oil
1 cup chopped red onion
1 tablespoon Domino or C&H Granulated Sugar
1 tablespoon vinegar (cider, red wine, or balsamic)
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
4 (4-inch) slices provolone cheese
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Unroll dough; place in ungreased 15-x-10-x-1-inch pan. Starting at center, press out dough to edges of pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook spinach as directed on box. Drain well; squeeze dry with paper towels. In small bowl, mix mayonnaise and 1of the cloves of garlic. Refrigerate.
3. In 1-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Cook and stir onion in oil 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add sugar and vinegar. Reduce heat to low; simmer 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of liquid has evaporated.
4. To flatten each chicken breast, place boned side up between 2 pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper. Working from center, gently pound chicken with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/4 inch thick; remove wrap. Sprinkle chicken with Italian seasoning and remaining clove of garlic.
5. Spray 10-inch skillet with CRISCO Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken; cook about 8 minutes or until browned, fork-tender, and juices run clear, turning once.
6. Cut cooled pizza crust into 4 rectangles. Remove rectangles from pan; spread each with 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture. Top 2 rectangles with chicken, spinach, onion mixture, cheese, and remaining crust rectangles, mayonnaise side down.
7. Heat 10-inch skillet or cast-iron skillet over medium heat until hot. Place sandwiches in skillet. Place smaller skillet on sandwiches to flatten slightly. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp and heated, turning once. Cut each warm sandwich into quarters.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
Nutrition facts per serving:
Calories 520 (Calories from Fat 170); Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 6g); Cholesterol 55mg; Sodium 1070mg; Potassium 420mg; Total Carbohydrate 58g (Dietary Fiber 2g); Protein 29g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 110%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 25%; Iron 25%; Vitamin D 2%; Folic Acid 15%
Exchanges: 2 Starch, 2 Other Carbohydrate, 3 Very Lean Meat, 3 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 4
Bake-Off Contest 40, 2002
Contestant Name: Denise JoAnne Yennie, Nashville, Tennessee