SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Coil different types of rope to make a modern bowl set that's both functional and beautiful.
Your stylish sister or best friend
What You'll Need
How to Make Them
1. Gild the white clothing line with several coats of gold spray paint. Let dry after each coat.
2. Starting at one end, make a small, tight coil and secure with a dab of hot glue, holding it for 10 to 15 seconds. Continue tightly coiling the rope and adding dabs of hot glue as you go until the flat coil matches the diameter of the base of your smallest bowl.
3. Place the bowl upside down, lay the coil on top and wrap the rope around the outside of the bowl, adding hot glue to the rope as you go and pressing it together for a few seconds until it adheres.
4. When you're done, cut the rope and glue the edge to the rim. Put a dab of glue on the cut end of the rope to prevent fraying.
5. Remove the rope bowl from its mold and let dry. Cover the bowl with another coat of gold paint, then a coat of sealant spray (this step is only necessary for a painted rope bowl).
6. Repeat with thicker rope, using larger bowls as molds.