SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
An old book with a cool, colorful cover design keeps iPads, Nooks and Kindles safe.
What You'll Need
How to Make It
1. Find an old discardable book that is 1/4 inch larger than the tablet on all sides, then remove the pages from the spine with a craft knife.
2. Cut the mat board into two pieces with the craft knife, each 1/8 inch smaller on all sides than the interior covers of your book.
3. Cut out two pieces of fabric 1/4 inch larger on all sides than mat boards. Center boards on fabric and cut out corners of the overhanging fabric. Secure fabric to the boards with archival glue, wrapping and gluing the excess fabric to the back. Smooth out wrinkles or air bubbles and let dry. Cut a 3-inch-wide strip of fabric to cover the book's interior spine and apply with archival glue.
4. Center the e-reader on one board and place 4-inch lengths of elastic around each corner, ensuring a snug fit and proper placement; tape elastic to back of the board. Remove the device and use superglue to permanently attach the elastic. Let dry.
5. Use archival glue to adhere the boards to the covers. Weight each side with heavy books while the glue dries.
See Step-by-Step Photos