SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
One of my favorite summertime recipes! These fish tacos use store-bought corn tortillas to hold a wonderful mix of tilapia, sweet ripe mango, creamy avocado, and peppery arugula.
Work: 45 minutes
Total: 45 minutes
6 tbsp olive oil
6 tilapia fillets (about 1 pound), cut into 3/4-inch pieces
1 tbsp plus 3/4 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 ripe avocado, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 mango, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
3 scallions, white and pale green parts finely chopped
2 cups (2 ounces) packed baby arugula, coarsely chopped
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
2 tbsp wasabi powder
8 6-inch corn tortillas
1. In a large, nonstick skillet heat 3 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Drizzle tilapia fillets with 1 tbsp olive oil and season both sides with 1 tbsp salt and the pepper. Arrange half the fish in a single layer in the pan and cook until the flesh is flaky and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Repeat with remaining fish. Set aside to cool slightly.
2. In a medium bowl combine avocado, mango, cilantro, scallions, and arugula. In a separate bowl, whisk together remaining 2 tbsp olive oil, lime juice, and 1/4 tsp salt. Drizzle over avocado mixture and toss to coat.
3. In a bowl, mix crème fraîche, wasabi powder, and 1/2 tsp salt until smooth.
4. Warm tortillas by heating in batches in a dry skillet, turning occasionally until warm.
5. Divide the mango-avocado salad among the tortillas. Top with fish and some of the wasabi crème fraîche. Serves 4.