Serve this classic Italian appetizer on a buffet table so guests can pick and choose their favorites from among all the fresh and colorful ingredients.
- 3/4 pound sliced Genoa salami
- 3/4 pound sliced prosciutto de Parma
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced Soppressata or other cured sausage
- 2 pounds lightly salted fresh mozzarella
- 2 pounds smoked mozzarella
- 1 1 pound piece Parmigiano-Reggiano, cut into small chunks
- Sliced heirloom tomatoes sprinkled with sea salt and fresh basil
- Extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar in separate cruets
- Pepper grinder
- 2 cups purchased mixed marinated pitted olives
- 2 cups roasted salted almonds
- 1 recipe Roasted Red Bell Peppers with Rosemary and Balsamic Vinegar (see Recipe Center)
- 1 recipe Grilled Vegetables with Pesto (see Recipe Center)
- 1 recipe Sweet-and-Sour Onions (see Recipe Center)
1. Arrange meats, cheeses, and heirloom tomatoes on platters. Serve with cruets of oil and vinegar, and pepper grinder on the side. Arrange garlic toast in a basket. Place olives and nuts in separate bowls. Arrange platters of Roasted Red Bell Peppers With Rosemary and Balsamic Vinegar, Grilled Vegetables With Pesto, and Sweet-and-Sour Onions on table. Makes 12 servings.