Braised Artichokes with Mint
- 3 large or 4 small artichokes, quartered
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon minced lemon peel
1. Remove outer leaves of the artichokes and trim stems to 1 inch, then peel stems with a small, sharp knife. Slice off top half of artichokes and cut out the fuzzy choke centers.
2. Arrange artichokes in a single layer in a medium skillet. Drizzle with the water and oil. Combine the parsley, garlic, salt, and dried mint in a cup and sprinkle evenly over artichokes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender. Uncover and continue to cook until all but 2 tablespoons of liquid is evaporated.
3. Transfer artichokes and liquid to a serving dish. Combine the fresh mint and lemon peel in a cup and sprinkle on top. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)10,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet