Yield: 18 Prep 15 mins Stand 45 mins
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut, lightly toasted
- 3/4 cup Rice Krispies
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate sprinkles
- 1/2 cup sugar-coated tiny black licorice candy sticks
- 4 1/2 1/2ounces black string licorice, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
1. Melt chocolate with butter in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring until smooth, about 5 minutes. Remove bowl from pan and let cool 10 minutes.
2. Gently stir chocolate mixture, coconut, Rice Krispies, and peanut butter in a large bowl until combined well. Chill, covered, until slightly firm, about 15 minutes.
3. Place chocolate sprinkles in a shallow bowl. Using a 1-1/2-inch ice-cream scoop, form chocolate mixture into balls and drop into sprinkles; coat well, working with 6 or 7 at a time (chill mixture to firm, if necessary). Arrange coated bites in a single layer on a cookie sheet lined with plastic wrap and chill until firm, about 15 minutes.
4. Arrange on a serving platter. Decorate Bug Bites with sugar-coated licorice sticks to form legs and string licorice to form antennae. Makes 18.
- Fat, total(g)9,
- sat. fat(g)5,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!