Caper-Herb Corn Muffins with Smoked Salmon
Yield: 30 muffins Prep 35 mins Start to Finish 1 hr
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill leaf, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons capers in brine, drained and coarsely chopped
- 6 ounces smoked salmon (lox style)
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease mini muffin tins. Mix together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt; set aside. In a bowl, whisk egg, milk and butter together, then add zest, dill and capers. Add liquid to dry ingredients and mix until just combined (don't overmix).
2. Fill each mini muffin cup with a generous tablespoon of batter. Bake 18 to 20 min, until muffins spring back when touched. Cool in tins 5 min. Run a knife around edge of each muffin to remove from tins, then cool completely.
3. Cut the very top off of each muffin to create a flat surface. Top with a bit of salmon and a dollop of creme fraiche. Garnish with a dill spring. Makes 30 muffins.
- Fat, total(g)3,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet