- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup shelled pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup mini-chocolate chips
- 12 small assorted apples
- 12 (4- to 5-inch) popsicle sticks
- Vegetable oil, for pan
- 2 14 ounce bags caramels, unwrapped
1. Melt butter in a medium skillet over moderate heat. Add pumpkin seeds and cook, seasoning with salt, stirring, until golden and puffed, about 4 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Place seeds nuts, coconut, and chocolate chips in separate shallow bowls, for toppings.
2. Wash apples and dry. Push a stick into stem end of each. Brush a large baking pan with oil.
3. Melt caramels with 1/4 cup water in a small saucepan over moderate heat, stirring until smooth. Working with one apple at a time, dip into caramel, coating halfway up sides. Immediately roll apple in 1 topping, evenly covering caramel, and transfer, stick end up, to prepared pan. Repeat with remaining ingredients. (Can be made 1 day ahead and stored at room temperature.) Makes 12 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 12
- Fat, total(g)13,
- sat. fat(g)7,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!