Yield: 6 toast hearts Prep 10 mins Cook 350°F 5 mins
- 3 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon creme fraiche or sour cream
- 1 ounce jar (2 oz.) salmon roe caviar or 3 slices smoked salmon
- Chives (optional)
1. Heat oven to 350 degree F. Using a 2-inch heart-shape cookie cutter, cut out 2 hearts from each slice of bread. Discard bread scraps. Toast hearts on a cookie sheet until lightly browned, 5 minutes. Cool slightly.
2. Spread 1/2 teaspoon creme fraiche evenly on each toast heart. Top each with 1 tablespoon caviar. If serving with smoked salmon, using a 2-inch heart-shape cookie cutter, cut out 2 hearts from each slice of smoked salmon. Layer one salmon heart on top of creme fraiche. Garnish with sliced chives, if desired. Serve immediately. Makes 6 toast hearts.Nutrition Facts per heart with salmon::
3. 95 calories, 4.5 g total fat, 2 g saturated fat, 13 mg cholesterol, 647 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrates, 7 g protein, 1 g fiber.
- Fat, total(g)6,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!