Cheese and Artichoke Crescents
Yield: 48 crescents Prep 40 mins Bake 425°F 15 mins
- 3/4 cup chopped frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1/3 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Jarlsberg or Gruyere cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 large eggs, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 17 1/4ounce packages frozen puff pastry, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 425 degree F. Combine the artichokes, bread crumbs, Parmesan, Jarlsberg, parsley, 1 of the eggs, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
2. Between 2 sheets of lightly floured wax paper, roll the puff pastry 1/8-inch thick. Cut with a 3-inch round biscuit cutter into 48 circles. Beat the remaining egg and brush over circles. Refrigerate 10 minutes. Spoon 1 rounded teaspoon filling on each circle and fold dough over filling then press edges to seal.
3. Brush tops of crescents with beaten egg and transfer to an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake about 15 minutes or until puffed and browned. Serve hot. Makes 48 crescents.
Make Ahead Tip
- Cool crescents on a wire rack then wrap well in plastic wrap and foil and freeze up to 1 month. Reheat in a 400 degree F oven about 15 minutes.
- Fat, total(g)8,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!