Yield: 24 appetizers Prep 15 mins Bake 400°F 8 mins Stand 1 hr
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, diced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 narrow loaves Italian or French bread, sliced into 12 slices each
1. For mozzarella topping, combine the mozzarella, oil, basil, and red pepper in a medium bowl. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Arrange the sliced bread on 2 cookie sheets and bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until lightly toasted, turning once. Spoon about 1 tablespoon mozzarella topping onto prepared toasts and bake about 3 minutes more or until cheese just begins to melt. Makes 24 appetizers.
- Fat, total(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet