Double Tomato Jam
Yield: 3 cups Prep 20 mins Cool 30 mins Cook 25 mins
- 12 plum tomatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 ounce) chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Garlic Toasts (see Recipe Center) or assorted crackers
1. Prepare grill or preheated broiler. Grill the plum tomatoes 3 inches from heat source, turning occasionally, about 2 minutes per side or until skin is blackened. Cool slightly and chop coarsely.
2. Combine the sun-dried tomatoes and boiling water in a small bowl and let stand 5 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and cook about 2 minutes or until golden. Stir in the garlic and ginger and cook 30 seconds. Carefully add the plum and sun-dried tomatoes with their liquid. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 25 minutes or until mixture is thickened and most of the liquid is evaporated. Add the vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper and cook 1 minute more. Transfer to a medium bowl and cool. Serve with Garlic Toasts or crackers. Makes 48 servings (3 cups).
Make Ahead Tip
- Prepare as directed. Cover and refrigerate up to 3 days.
- Servings Per Recipe 48
- Fat, total(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!