Endive with Spicy Shrimp
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound small shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped jalapeno chile
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice, divided
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 24 Belgian endive leaves (4 large heads, about 1 lb.)
- 1 pink grapefruit or 2 oranges, peeled, pith removed, sectioned, and diced
1. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp; cook, covered, 4 to 5 minutes, stirring once, until cooked through. Remove with slotted spoon to bowl.
2. Add garlic, jalapeno, and ginger to skillet. Cook 1 minute. Add to shrimp with 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt and sugar.
3. Toss avocado in bowl with remaining 1 teaspoon lime juice and pinch of salt.
4. Arrange one shrimp inside each endive leaf. Divide and top each with grapefruit and avocado. Makes 24 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 24
- Fat, total(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet