Grilled Skewered Serrano-Wrapped Shrimp with Garlic Aioli
Kitchen cue: If you can't find serrano, choose another thinly sliced cured ham, such as prosciutto, which works just as well for this Grilled Skewered Serrano-Wrapped Shrimp with Garlic Aioli.
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 48 medium shrimp (about 1-3/4 lbs.), shelled and deveined
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced serrano ham
1. Whisk together mayonnaise, garlic, and juice with salt and pepper to taste. Keep aioli covered and chilled.
2. Working with one 8-inch skewer at a time, thread 1 shrimp lengthwise and wrap with a slice of ham (you may want to cut ham in half lengthwise if slices are too big). Repeat with remaining skewers, shrimp, and ham.
3. Preheat grill. Grill shrimp seam-side down, turning over moderate heat until they are cooked through, about 3 minutes. Serve shrimp warm or at room temperature with aioli.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- sat. fat(g)8,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet