Grilled Vegetables With Pesto
Kitchen Cue: Pesto should be stored in an airtight container, with a thin layer of oil covering the surface, and can be kept chilled up to one week for these Grilled Vegetables With Pesto.
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro sprigs
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup freshly, finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus additional for brushing
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 pounds eggplant, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 pounds zucchini and summer squash cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
1. Puree herbs, nuts, Parmesan, oil, and garlic in a food processor until smooth; salt and pepper to taste.
2. Preheat grill. Brush vegetables with oil, season with salt and pepper and grill over moderate heat, on lightly oiled rack, turning, until golden brown and tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a platter; serve with pesto. Makes 12 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 12
- Fat, total(g)13,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet