Grilled Yellow Peppers with Salsa Verde
- 4 large yellow peppers
- 4 large slices sourdough peasant bread, 1/2-inch thick
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 anchovy fillets, rinsed, patted dry, and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon capers, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Pinch salt
1. Prepare grill or preheat broiler. Grill the peppers over medium coals or broil 5 inches from heat source, turning occasionally, about 20 minutes or until completely charred but still firm. Transfer to a paper bag and let stand about 10 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
2. Meanwhile, brush the bread lightly on both sides with the oil and grill or broil about 30 seconds per side or until golden. Rub bread with the garlic clove.
3. For Salsa Verde, combine the oil, anchovies, parsley, shallots, capers, tarragon, oregano, thyme, and garlic in a small bowl. Stir in the vinegar, pepper and salt.
4. When peppers are cooled, remove skin and seeds. Cut into 1-inch strips. Spoon Salsa Verde over peppers and serve with grilled bread. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)24,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet