Yield: 2 cups Prep 10 mins
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion, rinsed under cold water
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeno chile with seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe Haas avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Tortilla chips, if desired
1. Combine onion, tomato, cilantro, jalapeno, and salt in a small bowl. In a large bowl, coarsely mash the avocados with a fork or potato masher. Add the onion mixture and lime juice and stir until well mixed. Serve with tortilla chips, if desired. Makes 2 cups.
Make Ahead Tip
- Cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
- Fat, total(g)2,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!