Ham and Gruyere Mini Turnovers
The ham and cheese filling is wrapped in flaky, golden phyllo dough for these savory appetizers.
Yield: 18 turnovers Prep 35 mins Start to Finish 55 mins
- 1 cup (3 ounces) grated Gruyere
- 4 ounces cooked ham, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried sage
- pinch freshly ground pepper
- Flour, for work surface
- 1 17 1/4ounce box frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Whole-grain Dijon mustard, for serving (optional)
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. In a bowl, stir together cheese, ham, half-and-half, sage and pepper. On a lightly floured surface, roll out 1 pastry sheet to a 12-inch square; cut into 9 squares. Working with one square at a time, brush edges with egg and place 1 tbsp. filling in center. Fold together opposite corners of square, forming a triangle, and press together edges to seal; decorate with tines of a fork. Transfer to a baking sheet, brush with egg and prick top of each once with a fork. Repeat with remaining pastry sheet, filling and egg.
2. Bake 5 min. Reduce heat to 375 degrees F and bake until puffed and golden brown, about 15 minutes more. Serve warm with mustard (if using). Makes 18 turnovers.
- Fat, total(g)13,
- sat. fat(g)4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet