Ham Mousse in Cucumber Cups
Yield: 3 dozen appetizers Prep 25 mins
- 1/2 pound Black Forest ham
- 1 3 ounce package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted ground walnuts
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 cucumbers
- Fresh parsley sprigs and toasted walnuts, for garnish
1. Place the ham in a food processor fitted with a steel blade and pulse the machine until ham is finely chopped. Add the cream cheese, walnuts, mayonnaise, mustard, shallots, and pepper and process until smooth. Spoon mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a star tip.
2. Peel the cucumbers, leaving some strips of skin. Cut into 3/4-inch-thick slices. With a melon baller, scoop out the center of each slice. Pipe ham mousse into cucumber cups. Garnish with parsley and walnuts. Makes 3 dozen appetizers.
- Fat, total(g)3,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!