Yield: 2 cups Prep 10 mins
- 1 19 ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Toasted pita wedges or Garlic Pita Chips (see Recipe Center)
1. Combine the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, pepper, and salt in a food processor. With machine on, add the oil through feed tube in a steady stream and process about 30 seconds or until smooth. Serve with toasted pita wedges or Garlic Pita Chips. Makes 32 servings (2 cups).
Make Ahead Tip
- Prepare as directed above. Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Servings Per Recipe 32
- Fat, total(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet