Individual Fruit Tarts
Puff pastry rounds are topped with fruit jam to make these sweet appetizers. Set out bowls of cheese and honey to let guests finish them off as they please.
- Butter for cookie sheets
- 1 17.3ounce box puff pastry sheets, thawed
- Flour, for dusting
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1/4 cup blueberry jam
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 cup small or wild strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup fromage blanc cheese
- 2 assorted honeys
1. Preheat oven to 450 degree F and arrange racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; lightly butter 2 large cookie sheets and, on a lightly floured surface, roll each into a 10-by-13-inch rectangle. Using a 4-inch square cutter, cut one sheet into six squares and using a 4-inch biscuit cutter, cut the other sheet into six rounds. Transfer to prepared sheets, placing 1/2 inch apart, and chill until firm, about 15 minutes. Lay inverted cooking racks over pastry (this will create a crisp and decorative base for tarts) and bake, switching cookie sheets halfway through, until golden brown, about 12 minutes.
2. Carefully remove racks and place right side up on a heatproof counter. Place cookie sheets on racks and cool completely. Remove with metal spatula.
3. Working with 4 pastries at a time, spread each with 1 tablespoon strawberry jam and top with 1/4 cup strawberries. Repeat with next 4 pastries, the blueberry jam, and blueberries, then remaining 4 pastries, the raspberry jam, and raspberries.
4. Serve tarts with separate bowls of cheese (for dolloping over tops) and honeys (for drizzling). Makes 12 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 12
- Fat, total(g)18,
- sat. fat(g)11,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet