Insalata di Fruitti de Mare
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 carrot, cut up
- 1/2 cup 2-inch pieces celery
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 6 peppercorns
- 1/2 small lemon, sliced
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound sea scallops, halved
- 1/2 pound cleaned squid, sliced thin
- 1 pound small mussels, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Lemon wedges, for garnish (optional)
1. For dressing, combine the lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil until blended and set aside.
2. For salad, combine the water, carrot, celery, garlic, peppercorns, and lemon in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium, then add the shrimp, cover and cook 2 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to a large bowl. Return liquid to a boil, then add the scallops and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with the shrimp. Repeat with the squid, cooking 30 seconds. Return liquid to a boil, then add the mussels and cook, covered, over high heat for 5 minutes. Transfer opened mussels to a plate. Cover and cook remaining mussels 1 minute more. Discard any unopened mussels.
3. Remove mussels from shells and add to bowl with the other seafood. Add the dressing, tossing to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
4. To serve, stir in the parsley. Garnish with lemon, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
Make Ahead Tip
- Prepare as directed above. Cover and refrigerate up to 8 hours. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)11,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!