Jicama with Chili Dip
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Cold water
- 2 large or 4 small jicama
1. Place the chili powder in a small skillet. Toast chili powder, stirring constantly, over medium heat about 1 minute or until fragrant. Stir in the salt. Transfer mixture to a tiny serving bowl or saucer.
2. Stir the lemon juice into a large bowl of cold water. Peel the jicama. Cut jicama into thin sticks or wedges and drop into the lemon juice-water mixture.
3. To serve, drain jicama, then pat dry on paper towels and arrange on a plate. Serve with chili-salt mixture for dipping. Makes 12 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 12
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!