Lemon, Pepper, and Goat Cheese-Stuffed Tomatoes
- 32 assorted cherry tomatoes (about 2 pints)
- 8 ounces soft mild plain goat cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Small fresh herb leaves (such as basil or mint) or snipped chives, for garnish
1. Cut a thin slice from tops and bottoms of tomatoes and stand up on a tray.
2. Using a fork, mix together cheese, oil, zest, juice, and pepper in a bowl. Transfer cheese mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a small plain or decorative tip. Pipe cheese mixture onto tops of tomatoes and garnish with herbs. Makes 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)7,
- sat. fat(g)4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!