Open-Faced Grilled Portobello Mushrooms with Rosemary White Beans
- 1 19 ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus additional for grill pan
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 7 ounce medium zucchini, halved horizontally
- 1 half-inch-thick slice round red onion
- 4 4 - 5 inches portobello mushrooms, stems discarded
1. Puree beans with rosemary, garlic,, and 4 tablespoons oil until smooth. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Salt and pepper to taste.
2. Remove sides from pepper, discarding seeds and stem. Put all the vegetables on a sheet pan and drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Grill mushroom caps, in a lightly oiled grill pan over moderately high heat, turning once until just tender, about 7 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to a plate.
4. Grill remaining prepared vegetables, turning, until tender, about 6 minutes total, and transfer to plate to cool slightly. Cut pepper, zucchini and onion into bite-size pieces.
5. Fill mushroom caps evenly with white bean mixture and top with remaining grilled vegetables. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)19,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!