Oysters with Pickled Cucumber
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon hot-pepper flakes
- 1/4 cucumber, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 dozen shucked oysters, shells and oyster liquid reserved
- Coarse salt
- Chervil sprigs, for garnish
1. Bring vinegar, sugar, hot-pepper flakes, and 2 tablespoons water to a simmer in a small saucepan. Remove pan from heat and let cool. Stir in cucumber and chill, covered, stirring occasionally, at least 20 minutes.
2. Arrange half of cleaned and dried oyster shells on a bed of coarse salt. Place an oyster in each with some of the oyster liquid. Serve pickled cucumber on the side of spooned on top of each oyster, and garnish with chervil. Makes 2 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 2
- Fat, total(g)2,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!