Pastry-Wrapped Chorizo Coils
Kitchen cue: Spanish chorizo is available in Latin markets and some supermarkets. If you can't find it, use pepperoni instead for these Pastry-Wrapped Chorizo Coils. These savory morsels taste great all by themselves or dipped in garlic aioli.
- 1 sheet puff pastry from one 17.3 ounce box, thawed if frozen
- 4 4 inches sweet or hot Spanish chorizo links, 5.5 ounces total (spicy cured pork sausage)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 425 degree F. Unfold pastry sheet and roll out on a lightly floured surface into a 16x13-inch rectangle 1/8-inch thick. Trim edges so all sides are straight and cut into four 4-1/2x4-1/2-inch squares. Wrap each sausage link in a piece of pastry (pigs in a blanket-style) and place seam-side down on a baking sheet, making sure seams are tightly sealed. Repeat with remaining pastry and links. Brush tops with egg wash, and chill for 10 minutes.
2. Bake in middle of oven, seam-side down, until pastry is golden brown and cooked through, about 12 minutes. Transfer sheet to a rack to cool. Trim edges of each pastry-wrapped link and cut crosswise into 1/3-inch-thick coins. Serve at room temperature.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- sat. fat(g)4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet