Pepper, Olive Relish and Smoked Mozzarella Panini
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pitted green olives
- 2 teaspoons fresh-grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus additional for drizzling
- 1 18 inch large Italian loaf, halved horizontally and cut crosswise into 4 equal pieces
- 8 ounces smoked (or regular) mozzarella, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 4 roasted jarred red peppers, rinsed and drained
- 12 large fresh basil leaves
1. Toss olives with zest and oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
2. Scoop out some of the inside from top half of bread and spread with olive mixture. Drizzle 1 teaspoon oil on each bottom half of bread then divide remaining ingredients evenly starting with mozzarella, peppers, and then basil. Top with remaining piece of bread and toast in a panini machine following manufacturer's instructions.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)29,
- sat. fat(g)12,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!