Pimiento Cheese Spread
Kitchen cue: We used a tropical-fish cookie cutter to punch out the sandwiches made with this Pimiento Cheese Spread. You can buy cutters like ours at most bakeware stores. This recipes makes more than enough spread for 16 sandwiches, and it can be prepared up to four days ahead.
Yield: about 1-3/4 cups Start to Finish 15 mins
- 10 ounces coarsely grated sharp yellow cheddar cheese
- 1 4 ounce jar chopped pimiento peppers, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons finely grated onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1. Put all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped but not smooth.
2. Transfer mixture to a bowl.
- sat. fat(g)5,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet