Pistachio Pink Peppercorn-Coated Herbed Goat Cheese
Roll the goat cheese balls in nuts and pink peppercorns to make this pretty appetizer for the holidays.
- 3/4 cup shelled, roasted, salted pistachio nuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped dried pink peppercorns
- 1 11 ounce log fresh plain mild soft goat cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary, plus 32 small sprigs
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1. Combine nuts and peppercorns in a small bowl for coating.
2. Using a fork, combine cheese, chopped rosemary, and oil in a medium bowl; chill 15 minutes. With palms of hands, roll scant teaspoonfuls of cheese mixture into 32 balls (3/4-inch in diameter). Roll balls in batches of 3 in pistachio mixture until coated well. Skewer each with a rosemary sprig and arrange in a single layer on a serving tray. Chill at least 15 minutes before serving. Makes 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)18,
- sat. fat(g)7,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet