Roasted Eggplant Dip
Yield: 2 cups Prep 15 mins Start to Finish 1 hr 15 mins
- 1 1/2 eggplant
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 plum tomato, cored, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flatleaf parsley, plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
1. Heat broiler and place rack 6 inches from heat. Broil eggplant, turning occasionally, until charred, 25 to 30 minutes. Let stand until cool enough to handle. Peel, stem and cut into chunks; puree in a food processor. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in oil, tomato, onion, parsley, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. (Can be stored in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 1 day. Serve at room temperature.) Garnish with parsley, if desired. Makes 2 cups.
- Fat, total(g)4,
- sat. fat(g)5,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!