Roasted Red Pepper Baguette
Yield: 40 appetizers Prep 10 mins Broil 5 mins
- 1 1 pound loaf French bread
- 2 7 ounce jars roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
- 1/3 cup pitted ripe olives
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
1. Preheat broiler. Slice the bread in half lengthwise and place cut side up on a broiler pan.
2. Combine the red peppers, olives, oil, shallots, vinegar, parsley, pepper, and salt in a medium bowl, stirring to mix well. Spoon evenly over cut sides of bread halves, then top with the goat cheese. Broil 3 inches from heat source about 5 minutes or until cheese begins to soften and edges of bread are lightly browned. Cut into 1-inch slices and serve. Makes 40 appetizers.
- Fat, total(g)3,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!