Salmon Red Carpets
Yield: 24 pieces Prep 15 mins Cook 400°F 8 mins plus standing
- 6 slices white or whole wheat bread, crusts removed
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon, cut into 1x2-inch rectangles
- Fresh tarragon, for garnish
1. Heat oven to 400 degree F. Cut each slice of bread into 4 rectangular pieces. Arrange bread in an even layer on a large cookie sheet. Bake until tops are lightly toasted and golden, 5 minutes. Turn bread slices and bak 3 minutes more, until firm and toasted through. Transfer toast to a wire rack and let cool completely.
2. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, tarragon, lemon peel, salt, and pepper until well blended. Spread 1 piece of toast with about 1 teaspoon sour cream mixture. Roll up one end of a slice of salmon, leaving the other end flat. Place paprika in a shallow pie plate, then carefully dip both long edges of salmon roll in paprika. Place atop sour cream. Repeat with remaining sour cream mixture, toast, salmon, and paprika. Garnish each toast with a sprig of fresh tarragon, if desired. Makes 24 pieces.
- Fat, total(g)2,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet