Savory Stuffed Mushrooms
Yield: about 36 appetizers Prep 30 mins Bake 350°F 20 mins
- 2 pounds medium fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup minced sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Grease a jelly roll pan. Remove the stems from the mushroom caps, then chop stems and transfer to a medium bowl.
2. Bake the bread crumbs on a cookie sheet for 7 to 8 minutes until golden.
3. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the red pepper and shallots and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add to the bowl with the mushroom stems. Stir in the toasted bread crumbs, mozzarella, Parmesan, 2 tablespoons of the parsley, and the cracked pepper.
4. Lightly salt the inside of the mushroom caps. Spoon stuffing mixture evenly in centers, then arrange mushrooms on prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon parsley over tops. Bake about 20 minutes or until filling is hot and mushroom caps are tender. Makes about 36 appetizers.
Make Ahead Tip
- Prepare as directed above. Cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours. Bake as directed above.
- Fat, total(g)2,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!