Shrimp and Lobster Salad
- 1/3 cup dairy sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound cooked lobster meat, coarsely chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, diced (1 cup)
- 2 heads Belgian endive, cut into thin strips
- 3 cups watercress, trimmed
- Tarragon sprigs and apple slices, for garnish (optional)
1. For dressing, whisk the sour cream, mayonnaise, chives, tarragon, lemon juice, mustard, sugar, salt, and pepper together in a medium bowl until well blended.
2. For salad, bring a large saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Add the salt and shrimp and cook about 2 minutes or until shrimp are opaque. Rinse under cold running water and pat dry.
3. Just before serving, stir shrimp, lobster, and apple into dressing until thoroughly coated. Toss the endive with the watercress, then arrange on 8 salad plates. Spoon shrimp mixture on top. Garnish with tarragon and apple slices, if desired. Makes 8 servings.
Make Ahead Tip
- Prepare dressing and shrimp as directed above. Cover and chill up to 8 hours.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)9,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet