Smoked Chicken, Apple and Blue Cheese on Celery
Yield: 32 appetizers Prep 45 mins Start to Finish 45 mins
- 4 celery ribs plus celery leaves for garnish
- 1 red apple
- 1/3 cup shredded smoked chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese, such as Maytag
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1. Remove a thin strip from back of each celery rib with a sharp knife to create a flat bottom. Cut celery ribs diagonally crosswise into thirty-two 3/4-inch-long pieces.
2. Halve apple lengthwise and core. Slice apple into 1/8-inch-thick slices, then cut enough slices into 1-inch-long matchsticks to measure 1/2 cup. Gently fold apple together with remaining ingredients in a medium bowl until just combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Top each piece of celery with a mound of apple mixture and garnish with celery leaves. Makes 32 appetizers.
- Fat, total(g)2,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!